Monday, April 21

My entire existance hurts

Where do I begin? For what now seems like forever I've been working at least 8 hours a day, driving home in thick traffic and then working on side things at home until my eyes are rolling around in my head. I can't remember the last time I got more than 5 hours of sleep, and even worst the last time I went to bed because I should and not because I needed to. I'm tired to the point that I can feel my heart beating slower and my body moving at a far more sluggish pace. That can't be healthy.
Lately, I've been eating 1 to 2 meals a day replacing the time it takes to cook/make a plate/get something with an extra 15 minutes of rest. Constantly yawning, coughing, and blinking. I wonder not only how much more my body can take, but why I keep doing it and how my friends can put up with it.
Things are getting better but I'm still not sleeping. This weekend I decided to put all things work aside and relax. Mentally I felt the best I have in weeks, physically I think I got hit by a bus in my sleep. My brain, when not spaced out, was crystal. I thought of so many amazing designs and projects and ideas and method. I even remembered them without ever putting them on paper. The fact that I'm almost 100% mentally normal, is the strength I need to proceed.
This hard work goes beyond Bamboozle, beyond design. It's a true test to see how I measure up in all aspects of my life. Can I really handle it? We'll see, but I think I stand a fighting chance. You'll never know until you try, and if you fall flat on your face at least you'll have a cool scar and story.
I can only apologize for so much to everyone and after a while the words lose meaning. I warned all of you, at least I tried to. Give me a few more days and things will change. If you need me, I'm around. You might have to look for me and my attention may be divided, but I'm around and I really do care.
Haha how ironic is it that as I write all of this, my mother calls me expressing her concern for my ridiculous lifestyle. Yes I'm tired, yes I know I do way too much, yes I know I travel far more than I should, yes I know my priorities are out of line. Things are always a far bigger deal when your parents disapprove. I just hope that everything is worth it and I'm not fucking up my life for nothing.
Ahhhhhh!

1 comment:

Christine O. said...

shhhhhh. just go with it.

<3