Thursday, April 17

Get rich quick?

Maybe I should go play some slots this weekend. I could use an extra couple hundred to get through the days. If you know me then you know that I don't really think in dollars and cents. I look at cashiers in surprise when they give me monetary totals. Sometimes I straight up forget that money exist. I think it's a beautiful way to live, but I'm fully aware of my budget and boundaries. Not everyone is going to sacrifice nourishment for new shoes or shoes for a friend's enjoyment. But I will and I have. It's whatever, some things are worth more than others. And I know my friends will repay me when they have it.
What sucks is living paycheck to paycheck. I swore I never would, and I'm not but the fluffy cushion I once had has been worn down to bent and broken springs covered by cloth. Fortunately I get a tax refund in the next weeks and there is that $300 or $600 check everyone is getting. That'll be amazing. Taxes are gonna go to paying the next 4 months of car payments and one month of credit card bills. It'll be nice to not worry about going over my limit for a while. I think some friends are repaying me hefty sums they owe and that will go straight to my credit cards. I don't really care about cash in my pocket. As long as I don't owe anyone, I'm good.
Ideally I want to have enough cash to not have to use my credit cards for anything. Currently I buy all my concert tickets with one of my cards. I think if I start to buy just one ticket for GA shows and give cash to someone else to get seated tickets I can eliminate 90% of card use. Thus making a goal of being debt free possible.
That current goal is obtainable in four years except for my student loan which will have only 4 years left. Gotta love college. I can't imagine going from paying roughly $1300 a month to $375. That's dumb. With an extra grand a month I can buy a house!!! Not really sure if I'll live at my current residence for the next 4 years, but I have something to look forward to in 2013, making this whole job thing worthwhile. Oh if anyone is looking to move (friends only), you can stay with me at my house in 2013. All you'll have to pay is rent for your bedroom and then split utilities shouldn't be more than 600/mo (at current dollar value of course). In the meantime, who knows maybe I'll make enough money freelancing to rent an apartment, eventhough I hate the idea of renting anything other than a car or hotel room.

By the by, this was more for myself to have a visual motivator than anything/one else.

No comments: