Monday, December 31

This year I'll do better

This time last year I was watching Office Space for the first time and thinking about how to improve my life. I didn't have a job and was starting to get very aggravated. Also I realized that I didn't keep in much contact with a lot of friends and they were forced to read my bulletins and blogs just to know how I was. Lastly, I compiled a list of things I wanted to work on in 2007.

My goals of 2007 were: Write more often in an online journal; Eat three meals in a day at least once a week; See the movies on my list; Discover new music; Do things that make me happy; Workout like the good ol days; Get a big girl job that I like; Organize my room and unpack; Write my mom a check for $1000+; Hop on a plane and getaway for the weekend; Get down to one credit card; Let go of the past; Drink water regularly; Take more photographs; and Learn how to relax.

I didn't look at this list much after writing the blog and by summer I forgot it existed. Shockingly, I accomplished a lot of them and improved the quality of my life. I started a daily blog, still working on the getting posts in on time. I do eat more, but not as much as a normal human should. I've seen so many movies, found so many new bands, and smiled a lot more. I started running but not really. I HAVE A JOB, but I don't like it as much as I'd want to. My room is worst than before, I have over 1000 saved up but my mom wouldn't let me give it to her, maybe next year. No plane rides but many road trips and even a hotel stay or two. Still have a silly amount of debt, but no longer dwelling on yesteryear. I drink more Vitamin water and take a picture practically everyday and I even find ways to sit down and breathe. Overall I'll give myself an A, because no one is perfect; however, I improved vastly.

After accessing 2007 on a goal completion level I had to think, "what can I do to make 08 better?" It took me a long long time to figure that out. And on that note I bring you...

The List
  • Make more lists
  • Drop 4 sizes by August
  • Eat more and healthier
  • Drink at least one whole bottle of Vitamin water a day
  • Design outside of work
  • Have a website, resume, business card, portfolio, laminate by summer
  • Put a tour together
  • Get my name past Baltimore
  • Travel to a new city
  • Enjoy work
  • Find time to workout no matter what
  • Create a new life plan
  • Stop using the credit cards
  • Take more time out for me

No comments: