Tuesday, June 3

Everything seems to relate

No idea why but lately it seems like everything I see on TV or hear on the radio relates to my life. Songs I've played hundreds of times are hitting hard as if I was writing them myself. Maybe I'm in another transition period kinda like the rest of the world, or maybe I'm just being really perceptive. Or maybe, I'm so involved in myself that I'm altering everything to things that fit my life. Not really sure, but either way it's always good to know that others have been there and you're not crazy.

Just to name a few:
I’ve got a lotta things to do tonight
I’m so sick of making lists
Of things I’ll never finish
I’ve lived here for the last 12 years
Since early 1995 all my shit has been in boxes
But if I had a little more time to kill
I’d settle every little stupid thing
Yeah you’d think that I would

But I’m too tired to go to sleep tonight
And I’m too weak to follow dreams tonight
For the first time in a long time I can say
That I want to try to get better and
Overcome each moment
In my own way
Motion City Soundtrack - "Even if it Kills Me"

Cause I'm overcommiting myself.
I guess this is growing up
I'm sleeping so little these days.
I guess this is growing up
I'm feeling things are about to change
I'm guessing this is growin up
Yeah I'm growing up.

Forever the Sickest Kids - "Coffee Break"

I’ve got plans mostly just to hang around, hoping for a hand me down.
Staring at my bright future.
I drive around waving like a sad parade, at the kids all out to play.
I’m good; go have fun on your own.

But thanks for your help, thanks for your help.
Pulling me from the flames, (and stop the fire)
I’ll just wait ‘til you leave, then run right back in.

Armor For Sleep - "Run Right Back In"

love me or leave me or rip me apart
this is the voice that i was given and
if you dont like it take a long walk
off of the shortest pier you can find

The Academy Is... - "Black Mamba"

No comments: